Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s 4-mile Run to the Shrine is this weekend!
|Run or walk to the sound of roaring lions and take advantage of the ONLY opportunity of the year to travel the breathtaking road to the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun by foot. This course offers amazing views of Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods as you traverse four miles round-trip and ascend 1,000 feet up to the Shrine and back down to the Zoo.|
Visit cmzoo.org/run to register and get all the details.
|Registration includes: A 4-mile course that curves through the Zoo, up to the gate of the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun and back down into the Zoo. A breathtaking experience as you ascend almost 1,000 feet, with stunning views of Colorado Springs below. A commemorative performance T-shirt, available for pick-up in Lodge at Moose Lake during the event. Admission to the Zoo until the end of the event at 8 p.m.|
- Run to the Shrine 2022 will not be a timed run/walk.
- Event admission begins at 5 p.m. Visit Shrine Road, animal exhibits and food outlets at your leisure until the Zoo closes at 8 p.m.
- Runners and walkers must start the ascent up Shrine Road by 6:30 p.m. Shrine Road will close to pedestrians at 7:30 p.m.
- Capacity for Run to the Shrine is limited.
- Advance registration tickets are required for all run/walk participants and guests, including children 2 and under.
Spectator tickets are available at cmzoo.org/run.
Run to the Shrine is an important fundraiser for the Zoo, which was named the #4 Best Zoo in North America in USA TODAY’s 10Best Readers’ Choice in 2021. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo doesn’t receive tax support, unlike most zoos accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Your Run to the Shrine registration helps keep the Zoo running! Run to the Shrine is made possible thanks to our event partners, Children’s Hospital Colorado and Colorado Springs SCHEELS.