The Leadville Trail Marathon and Heavy Half presented by La Sportiva will occur on June 29, 2024 – two weeks later than in previous years. Event owner and producer, Life Time (NYSE: LTH), made the change to provide runners with the improved chance of summiting Mosquito Pass by avoiding snow conditions as was the case in 2023 and many previous years.
Both courses feature out-and-back routes across extreme terrain on dirt roads and singletrack, winding through the historic mining district on the east side of Leadville. In typical years, the Marathon and Heavy Half races take runners up to 13,185 feet on Mosquito Pass, the highest continuous pass in the country. Despite efforts to clear Mosquito Pass in 2023, Leadville’s colder spring brought snow and freezing temperatures, causing both courses to be altered and turn around slightly below the summit.
Other event changes include moving the Leadville Trail 100 MTB Camp up to June 13-16, 2024, while the Leadville Trail 100 Run Camp will occur June 21-23, 2024.
- Deferral registration for all Leadville Race Series events opens today, Nov. 1, 2023 through Nov. 15, 2023.
- The 2024 lottery will open on Dec. 1, 2023, and extend through Dec. 15, 2023.
- Registration for the 2024 Lead Challenge will launch Dec. 1 and is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Leadville Trail 100 MTB & Run Camp registration will open on Dec. 1.
- Lottery results will be announced during the first week of January 2024.
- Leadville Race Series qualifier registration will open on Jan. 9.
Full Leadville Race Series 2024 calendar:
- April 19, 2024 | Life Time Sea Otter Fuego XL*
- June 29, 2024 | Life Time Leadville Marathon & Heavy Half presented by La Sportiva*
- June 29, 2024 | Life Time Lutsen 99er*
- July 6, 2024 | Life Time Silver Rush 50 MTB*
- July 7, 2024 | Silver Rush 50 Run presented by La Sportiva*
- July 15, 2024 | Tahoe Trail*
- July 26-28, 2024 | Life Time Leadville Stage Race*
- Aug. 10, 2024 | Life Time Leadville Trail 100 MTB
- Aug. 11, 2024 | Life Time Leadville 10K Run presented by La Sportiva
- Aug. 17-19, 2024 | Life Time Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva
- Oct. 12, 2024 | Life Time Little Sugar MTB*
- Nov. 2, 2024 – Life Time Austin Rattler Run & MTB*
*indicates a Leadville Race Series qualifier event
To view all of the Life Time athletic events please visit: https://my.lifetime.life/athletic-events.html.
The Leadville Trail Marathon and Heavy Half presented by La Sportiva is among more than 30 premier athletic events owned and produced by Life Time, including the Miami Marathon, UNBOUND Gravel, Crusher in the Tushar, Leadville Trail 100 Run & MTB, and Big Sugar Gravel. The Leadville Race Series started with only 45 runners as the Leadville Trail 100 Run
in 1983. The Series now consists of ten races across run and bike events. Endurance athletes worldwide now make the pilgrimage to Leadville, Colo., with the single goal of competing in “The Race Across the Sky.” Visit www.leadvilleraceseries.com for more information.
About Life Time®, Inc. Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of 170 athletic country clubs across the United States and Canada. The Company’s healthy way of life communities and ecosystem address all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging, and healthy entertainment for people 90 days to 90+ years old. Supported by a team of more than 37,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to providing the best programs and experiences through its clubs, iconic athletic events, and comprehensive digital platform.