Cold, wet, and snowy conditions didn’t stop over 400 participants from taking part in this past Saturday’s Broncos Fit 7K, the first of four runs in Colorado and a ‘Salute to Fans Rally.’ Hosted on the grounds of the iconic Anheuser-Busch Brewery, the event kicked off with a 7K run/walk, and concluded with a free ‘Salute to Fans Rally’ in the Budweiser Biergarten, which included:
- Broncos players and alumni signing autographs
- Appearances by Denver Broncos cheerleaders and Miles the Mascot
- Photo opportunities with Broncos’ Lombardi trophies
- Interactive family-fun activities presented by Broncos partners
- Broncos Jr. Training Camp, presented by El Pomar Foundation (ages 5-12)
- Giveaways and prizes such as game tickets and autographed merchandise
- Live music, food trucks and more!
Plus, the top three male and female finishers received awards. The men’s 7K race was extremely close, with only a second separating first and second place. Eric Hopfenbeck edged out Chris Peterson for the win in 29:33; Peterson came in second in 29:34. Third place wasn’t far behind either, with Joe Shaver rounding out the top three in 29:44.
In the women’s 7K, Laura Skladzinski took top honors in 31:23, with Jenny Niemann crossing the line in second in 33:26, followed by Devanie Helman in third in 34:43.
The 2018 schedule will feature 7K events in Fort Collins (April 21), Grand Junction (June 30) and Pueblo (July 21), and concludes with the Broncos Fit 7K & Expo at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on September 2. For more information on any of the Broncos 7Ks or to register for any portion of the series, fans can visit www.denverbroncos.com/7kseries